After Pearl Harbor, priority was given to the War in Europe and US forces poured into the ‘unsinkable aircraft carrier’ - Great Britain. From the team behind FlyPast magazine, Mighty Eighth is a 100-page special souvenir edition which celebrates the men, their machines and the airfields they flew from. For the first time, using an innovative base-by-base reference guide, it examines all aspects of American air power in Britain in World War Two and the ‘Cold War’. 100 pages.
· All operational airfields, detailing the units and aircraft that flew from them
· Profiles of the major combat aircraft of World War Two
· Fighter ‘aces’ and leading personalities
· Colour schemes, unit markings and camouflage
· Traces of history: discovering former airfields and the clues left behind· Museums large and small, memorials and other visitor attractions